What is the Aptoide App Store?
Aptoide App Store is an alternative marketplace for mobile applications which runs on the Android operating system. In Aptoide, unlike the default Google Play Store, there is not a unique and centralized store; instead, each user manages their own store.
Currently, there are several versions of the Aptoide app: Aptoide for smartphones and tablets, Aptoide TV— an edition for smart TVs and STBs, Aptoide VR and Aptoide Kids— developed for children’s devices.
The Android application used to access the stores is open source, and there are several forks such as F-Droid. The communication between the client and servers is done using an open protocol based on XML.
The concept is inspired by the APT packaging manager, which can work with multiple sources (repositories). When the user wants a package, they can use the client to search for sources where the application is stored.
The name Aptoide is formed from the words “APT” (the Debian package manager) and “oide” (the last syllable of “Android”).
The Aptoide platform is available in over 40 languages, having reached more than 97 million users in 2015 and 2.8 billion downloads. In the various stores, it is possible to find over 700,000 Android apps.
How To Install Aptoide TV to an Amazon Fire TV Stick
Before you begin to install Aptoide please install Myfirestream Easy Builder App as you will need this to complete the install. Once you have installed our Easy Builder App follow the steps below to finish installing Aptoide App Store.
- Open Filelinked App (aka Myfirestream Easy Builder)
- Using Myfirestreams code 76394002 click connect
- To close the Easy Builder banner click Dismiss
- Scroll down and Aptoide
- Click Aptoide to start downloading the App
- Wait for the App to finish downloading
- After downloading click Aptoide again to start the install process
- Click install
- Wait for the install to finish
- Click Done
- Return to the Fire TV home screen
- Using the Amazon Fire TV remote hold the home button for 3-5 sec. Select Apps
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and highlight Aptoide
- Using the Amazon Fire TV remote press the three line button and select Move to Front
- Return to the Fire TV home screen and open Aptoide
- Congrats you have successfully installed Aptoide App Store. Enjoy!