What is Vudu?
Vudu is a digital video-on-demand service. Since Vudu was released it has provided users with a way to rent both digital TV and movies right from home. In 2016, they implemented an ad-supported service similar to Crackle. Vudu’s ad-supported service allows users to access both movies and TV shows for free! Vudu has a wide variety of content in its library which sets Vudu apart from its competitors.
New releases are being added every week both for sale and rental. This allows users early access to popular titles before they hit the storefront. These new releases range from blockbusters, small indie titles, and still in theaters. For users not looking to rent or buy movies and TV shows, you can access their wide variety of free content. New releases often come at a cost whether you pay for early access or buy. If you are looking for free access you will be presented with older movies and TV shows.
How to install Vudu on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV:
Currently, Vudu can only be installed on certain devices. These devices do not include the Amazon Firestick/Fire TV devices. The only way to get Vudu set up on an Amazon device is to sideload the app.
To get Vudu setup on your Amazon Firestick/Fire TV devices please follow the steps below:
- The first step is to ensure your Amazon device allows for third-party apps. Using your Amazon remote go to settings>My Fire TV>and turn on Apps From Unknown Sources. This will allow you to sideload other apps to your device.
- Return to the home screen and if you haven’t already downloaded our Easy Builder App. You will be using this app to download Vudu on to your device.
- Open Filelinked aka Myfirestreams Easy Builder App
- Enter in our Code 76394002
- Click Continue
- After reading over our banner message click done
- Scroll down our list and locate the section called “Best Streaming Apps For Amazon Devices”. Under that section scroll down and locate Vudu.
- Click on the download arrow beside Vudu to start the downloading process
- After Vudu has been downloaded, you need to click the “play button” beside Vudu to start the install process
- You will get a popup asking if you want to install. Click install
- Wait for the install to finish. Next, click done
- Return to the Amazon home screen
- Using your Amazon remote press and hold the home button for 3-5 sec.
- Select Apps from the menu
- Next, locate Vudu and open it
- Congrats, you can now use Vudu on your Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
Having trouble getting Vudu setup? Reach out to us and we will be glad to help! Drop us a comment below or contact us today!