Current IPTV Issues:
Many IPTV service providers are in the process of switching their servers/software. This is a direct result of the Xtreme Codes shutdown. During this time users may experience loss of service, denied website access, and the occasionally broken channel. Other issues users may face is the complete loss of certain channels and categories.
Some channels are being removed completely from IPTV services as well as certain categories. For now, these losses are permanent and there is no guarantee that they will return. As time goes on we feel positive that they will continue to improve these services by adding more channels.
In the meantime, ALL IPTV USERS should expect delays in service! The improvements IPTV service providers are making will cause delays in service and they should be expected until all maintenance is completed.
Current IPTV Status:
Both Area51 and Sportz TV have started making changes to their services. As of writing, this post Area51 is still down for their scheduled maintenance. Within 24hrs Area51 should be back up and running as usual. Area51 subscribers should still expect there to be issues until everything has been resolved.
For Sportz TV, yesterday their service went down for scheduled maintenance. This caused subscribers to lose their service completely. They also removed some channels and added some back. As of today, their service is back up and running. Just like Area51, Sportz TV users should expect there to be issues until everything has been resolved.
The Xtreme Codes shutdown has caused a ton of issues within the IPTV community. Customers should be extremely patient during this time and not overwhelm their providers with support tickets. They are fully aware of all issues and they are working tirelessly to resolve these issues.
How to fix your IPTV (Scroll down for updated fix):
If you noticed that your IPTV is no longer working there are certain steps you must take in order to regain access. Currently, IPTV service providers are making changes that require users to log out and log back in in order to get access to the service. Area51 and Sportz TV have both made changes that require ALL USERS to perform the following steps:
- ALL Area51 and Sportz TV users
- From the Amazon home screen go to system settings
- Click on Applications
- Click Manage Applications
- Locate the IPTV app that you use (Area51/Sportz TV)
- Click on your IPTV app
- From the menu select Clear Data
- Confirm Clear Data
- This action will cause you to be logged out of the IPTV app!
- After the data has been cleared users must log back into the apps. Once you log back in you should notice that your IPTV service is now working properly.
- If upon login you still are not getting service there is a good chance that the service is down for maintenance! Please be patient. Give your provider 24hrs to complete the maintenance and then follow the steps above to regain access.
- We will continue to post updates related to the IPTV issues users are facing. Check back here with us to see if any changes have been made.
Area51 IPTV Fix Updated 10/6/19:
Area51 announced earlier today that they have completed their move. All Area51 users must perform the following steps in order to regain access to their service. There are two versions of Area51 IPTV. The first version is what we will be covering here as it works well with Amazon Firesticks/Fire TV. Area51 does offer a new multiscreen app that ONLY WORKS with HIGH-END devices! In the near future, we will be covering this new APK.
Fire TV/Firestick Users:
- Delete the old Area51 IPTV app from your device. (Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Locate Area51>Click Area51>Select Uninstall
- Once the app has been deleted unplug the Amazon Fire device from your TV
- Turn off your router/modem
- Wait 5 mins.
- Power up your router/modem
- Reconnect your Amazon Fire device
- Reinstall the Area51 IPTV APK and log back in (See our Area51 IPTV install guide)
- You should now be able to access all channels. If you have any issues reach out to Area51 IPTV service provider for assistance.
High-End Android Devices:
If you have a high-end device and wish to get the new Area51 IPTV APK you can download the app from Filelinked by using code 21488249. Again, this is ONLY FOR HIGH-END devices! If you have a Firestick or Fire TV this app will not work as it requires a lot of bandwidth and processing power to run.
Sportz TV IPTV Fix Updated 10/6/19:
Sportz TV has completed its server move and ALL USERS must perform the following steps in order to regain access.
- Go to your device settings, NOT IN THE APP.
- Find Apps, then the Sportz app
- Now clear cache, then clear Data in that sequence.
- Now go back to the devices home screen.
- Go to the Sportz tv app, [if using the multi-screen app hit refresh DNS]
- And now sign in, go to app settings and to Player Format chose mpegts
- Now save that.
- Now go to live tv and find a folder and try a channel.
IPTV subscribers should always use a VPN when connecting to IPTV services! Don’t wait until it’s too late! Start protecting yourself today by using IPVanish VPN service. IPVanish can easily be installed on any device and more importantly, they DO NOT keep log files!
Currently, IPVanish is running a sale from now until the end of October. Save big with IPVanish during Cybersecurity Awareness Month! New subscribers can save up to 66%! To access your savings click here!