Are you tired of watching YouTube due to too many ads? Wish there was a better solution? With Smart YouTube TV you can now spend more time streaming without those annoying ads.
The Smart YouTube TV app is very similar to that of the official YouTube app. Initially, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV users were forced to use this app when Google and Amazon had a falling out. As a result of their fallout, Amazon pulled the official YouTube app from the marketplace.
As of now, YouTube is back on Amazon as they were able to make amends with Google. The standard YouTube app from the Amazon store is what you would expect. It’s filled with ads and creates a headache for those who only wish to stream content.
With the Smart YouTube TV app, cord-cutters can now easily stream YouTube content up to 4k quality without ads! This app lets you use YouTube on Amazon Fire devices without needing to run Google Play services. You can still sign in to your YouTube account and see all of your subscriptions and playlists including your watch history.
Just like with the original YouTube app you can select video quality. This is where things can get a bit tricky with this app. If you select the wrong video quality, audio quality, or a combination of both you can crash your device.
Don’t worry. If this happens you are not messing up anything. You will simply need to force restart your device, uninstall the Smart YouTube TV app and then reinstall it.
So which video settings should you use?
This really depends on the device you are using. We have found that selecting the default quality which will fully optimize your experience works the best. This option seems to be the more forgiving of the choices.
You will need to test our your settings to see what works best for you.
How do you install Smart YouTube TV?
Smart YouTube TV is not an app that can be installed directly through the Amazon store. You will need to sideload this app just as you do with other third-party streaming apps.
We have taken the time to make this installation a bit simpler for you. By using the Myfirestreams Easy Builder app you can directly download this app file and install it all from one app.
Simply follow the steps below to install Smart YouTube TV.
- Open the Myfirestreams Easy Builder App (aka Filelinked, Click on the link above to learn how to install our Easy Builder App. Once installed proceed through the steps below)
- Enter in the Myfirestreams code 76394002
- Click continue
- Dismiss the banner popup
- Scroll down the list and locate Smart YouTube TV
- Click once to start the download
- When the download finishes click once more to start the install
- When the popup appears click install
- Wait for the install to finish
- Once the install finishes return to the Amazon Fire TV home screen
- Press and hold the home button on the Fire TV remote for 3-5 sec and select Apps from the menu
- Locate Smart YouTube TV
- Press the three-line button on your Fire TV remote and select Move To Front
- Return to the home screen
- Open Smart YouTube TV (App should be at the front of the list on the home screen)
- Congrats you have successfully installed Smart YouTube TV. Please be sure to follow the on-screen instructions including updating the apk if asked to do so. Feel free to sign in to your YouTube user account so that you can get the most out of this app.
If you have the original YouTube app installed you may need to uninstall it so that there are no conflicts between these two apps. Let us know how you like Smart YouTube TV!