Table of contents
HBO Max is HBO’s latest streaming app. The only way to get HBO Max on your Amazon device is to sideload it. Currently, this app can’t be accessed from the Amazon App Store due to ongoing negotiations between HBO and Amazon. These negotiations have not been successful thus there hasn’t been a deal.
No need to worry, you can still gain access to this app using sideloading methods. It is worth noting that users may face some issues when using this app since it was not built for Amazon Fire devices.
HBO Max Details
HBO Max is available now for purchase. For only $14.99/month users can gain access to original programming, Movies, TV Shows, and more. Also, HBO Max subscribers gain full access to exclusive HBO Max Originals.
This app works on the following devices:
- Android phones and tablets (with Android OS 5+)
- Android TV (OS 5+)
- Apple TV (4th gen and later)
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with iOS 12.2+)
- PC and Mac computers
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung TV (2016+)
- Xbox One
As we reported earlier this app is not on the Amazon App Store. We will be showing you how to easily sideload this app on to your devices in the next section.
If you’d like to learn more about HBO Max and what this service has to offer please head on over to their website for more information.
Are you interested in this service? Check out HBO Max free for 7 days! This trial deal is only available to new customers. Start your free trial now.
Installing HBO Max App on Amazon Devices:
The install guide below is now outdated. HBO Max can now officially be downloaded from the Amazon App Store. See more information and install guide by viewing our updated HBO Max post.
Installing HBO Max on Amazon Firestick and other Fire devices is a simple process. Using the guide below you will easily be able to gain access to this app, in only a few minutes.
Before you can begin installing HBO Max you will need to have already downloaded our Myfirestreams Filelinked Store App. If you don’t already have this app please download it now as you will be using this to download and install HBO Max.
Once you have the Myfirestreams Filelinked Store App installed simply follow the steps below to get HBO Max installed.
- Open the Myfirestreams Easy Builder App (aka Filelinked, Click on the link above to learn how to install our Easy Builder App. Once installed proceed through the steps below)
- Enter in the Myfirestreams code 76394002
- Click continue
- Dismiss the banner popup
- Scroll down the list and locate HBO Max
- Click once to start the download
- When the download finishes click once more to start the install
- When the popup appears click install
- Wait for the install to finish
- Once the install finishes return to the Amazon Fire TV home screen
- Press and hold the home button on the Fire TV remote for 3-5 sec and select Apps from the menu
- Locate HBO Max
- Press the three-line button on your Fire TV remote and select Move To Front
- Return to the home screen
- Open HBO Max (App should be at the front of the list on the home screen)
- Congrats you have successfully installed HBO Max on Amazon Firestick and Fire devices.
Can’t Find HBO Max App After Install?
As it was reported earlier in this guide, this app is not meant for Amazon Fire devices and users may face different bugs when using this app.
Currently, one of the main bugs is the app not showing in the Amazon Apps page or on your Amazon home screen. In order to launch the HBO Max app, you will need to do the following.
- Go to settings
- Scroll down and select Manage Installed Applications
- Locate and click on HBO Max
- Select Launch Application
You should now be able to access HBO Max. If this does not work, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall this application. We wish there were an easier way to launch this app on Amazon Fire devices however until a deal is reached or an updated version comes out users will have to deal with the bugs of the current version.