In this guide, we will be showing you how you can make your very own Kodi version 19 Wizard. Using this guide you will easily be able to create a simple, yet efficient Kodi Wizard so that you can easily upload Kodi builds across devices.
Please ensure that you follow this guide in order. Failure to do so can cause your Kodi Wizard build not to work. The process of setting this Wizard up is different from our Kodi v18 Wizard guide!
Getting Started Making a Kodi Version 19 Wizard:
Before you can begin you will need to download the files associated with this Wizard. We have taken the time to put together this file for you. Please use the button below to download the necessary files.
After you have downloaded the Kodi Version 19 Wizard file you will need to extract it. There are plenty of free programs aviliable to use. We suggest using winrar. Now that you have downloaded and extracted the necessary files it’s time to start setting up your very own Kodi Wizard.
Setting Up Your Own Kodi v19 Wizard
Please ensure you follow these steps in order! Missing one step can cause your Kodi Wizard not to work properly.
- The file you extracted should be titled plugin.program.CUSTOM NAME. Change the name of this folder to match your Wizard name. Example: plugin.program.myfirestreams
- After changing the folder name open up the folder to access the files
We will be editing these files in order so that we can ensure you do not miss any steps. Start by opening up the “resources” folder.
- Please click on the advanced settings folder and view the Read Me.txt file. These XML files contain the best settings for your devices and should not be changed.
- Next, open up the “skins” folder
- Click to open the “default” folder
- Open “720p” folder
- Open up the “notify.xml” file. We will be editing this file using notepad ++ or any other program of your choosing. If you do not have Notepad ++ you can download it using the button below.
- On line #25 enter in the name of your Kodi Wizard. Example Myfirestreams.
- Click save on Notepad ++
- Return to plugin.program folder and open resources>skins>default>media folder. You can change black.png and test.png to anything of your choosing. Just ensure you keep the file names the same and the images sizes the same. The black.png file is your Kodi Wizard notification background and the test.png is your notification icon.
- After you have finished changing your images return back to the plugin.program folder and go to the resources folder.
- Open up the builds.xml file.
- We will not be covering how to upload builds in this guide however, in this file you will see what needs to be edited. To have more than one build using this Wizard please ensure that you keep the “file structure the same”. Simply copy <build through </build> and paste that code below the first one. Everything should be within <builds> through </builds>
- Next, return to the plugin.program resources folder
- Change the fanart.jpg and icon.png to your choosing. Ensure that you keep the file names the same and image sizes.
- In the resources folder open up the notify.txt file.
- When you make changes to your Kodi Wizard or upload new builds you can send our custom notifications. Simply follow the steps in this file to send out a new notification.
- Finally, open up the SETTINGS.XML READ ME.TXT file and read over that content. If you wish to changes any settings you can open up the settings.xml file and change them there. Ensure you save ALL files you have edited!!
Finishing Up Your Kodi Wizard
Your Kodi version 19 Wizard is now nearly complete. There are only two more files that need editing before you have a complete working Kodi Wizard.
These steps are EXTREAMLY important! Any mistake here will cause your Wizard not to work!
- Open up the plugin.programs folder
- Open up the addon.xml file
- On line #2 you will need to change the “id”, “name”, and “version”.
- Next to id change the last part to match that of the folder name. Example plugin.program.myfirestreams. Just ensure this name matches that of your Wizard file folder.
- Next to name on line #2 enter in a custom name for your Wizard.
- Lastly, next to version change this to match you current Wizard version number. Example version=”1.0″
Please double-check the content above. Make sure your Wizard Folder Name (plugin.program.****) matches that of the <addon id=””
To finish up editing the addon.xml file simply change the content on lines 11, 12, & 21 to anything you’d like. Before exiting be sure to save your changes!
Return to your plugin.programs folder and open up the addonvar.py file. If using a text editor like Notepad ++ you may need to right click on this file and select edit with Notepad ++ since this is a Python file.
In the addonvar.py file we will need to edit two lines. Edit lines 10 and 13 to match your UPLOADED WIZARD FILE LOCATIONS FOR BUILDS AND NOTIFY.
These files are currently located in the plugin.program.*** resources folder. So when you upload your completed Kodi Wizard you will need to edit this section to match that of your upload location. it should look similar to this:
WE RECOMMEND COPYING THE BUILDS.XML FILE, NOTIFY.XML, FANART.JPG, AND ICON.PNG FILES FROM THE PLUGIN.PROGRAM.*** RESOURCES FOLDER AND UPLOADING THOSE TO YOUR MAIN URL DIRECTORY.
If you are not sure how to upload your Kodi Wizard to your domain simply follow our guide below.
On how to upload your Kodi Wizard post you only need to focus on how to upload the listed files above. This includes builds.xml, notify.txt, fanart, icon, and plugin.program. Also, be sure to create your addons.xml and addons.xml.md5 in the how to upload your Kodi Wizard post unless you are creating a repo! Our updated Wizard/Repo post below automatically creates these two files for you.***
RecommendationIf you are having trouble be sure to check out our newest post which will simplify the process of creating a Simple Kodi 19 Wizard and Repo. Use the button below to see the new post.
Now that you have a completed Kodi Version 19 Wizard we suggest you follow our How to Make Your Own Kodi Repo guide. This will make uploading your Wizard easy as everything will be done within the Kodi repo.
If you have any questions please drop us a comment below or you can use Discord to contact us.