In this guide, we are going to show you how you can get the Seren Kodi addon for Kodi 19. This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about the Seren Kodi addon and answer some of the most commonly asked questions.
So what exactly is the Seren Kodi addon?
Seren is an extremely popular Kodi addon that delivers TV shows and movies. This particular Kodi 19 addon is rated as one of the best addons for Kodi 19. Seren can easily be installed on Kodi 19 Matrix and it does require that you have a Real-Debrid or Premiumize account.
Unlike other Kodi 19 addons, Seren is only available to those who have a Real-Debrid or Premiumize account. This premium Kodi 19 addon is so good most cord-cutters who use it never go with another app or addon. With Seren, you get flawless streaming through their use of Real-Debrid and Premiumize links.
Is Seren safe to use?
One of the most commonly asked questions is if the Seren Kodi addon is safe and legal to use. Any Kodi addon that isn’t received directly through the official Kodi repository should bring some concern. Although some addons are considered safe and legal, others may not be. As for the Seren Kodi addon, we cannot verify nor guarantee that this addon holds the proper licensing to distribute its content.
Seren is considered to be one of Kodi 19’s best addons for accessing movies and TV shows. Since we can’t verify whether or not this addon holds the proper licensing we are listing this addon as an unverified source. It is up to the end-user to determine if indeed this addon is legal and safe to use. We highly suggest that any users of this addon only access content that falls within the public domain.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer:
Myfirestreams provides educational guides and reviews only. We do NOT verifiy if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing to distribute their content. Myfirestreams does NOT own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by Myfirestreams.-Myfirestreams
How to install Seren on Kodi 19 Matrix:
Video Install Guide:
Installing Seren is an easy process that only takes a few minutes to complete. Since this addon is a third-party addon we need to ensure that Kodi is set up properly before we can even begin installing it. By default Kodi only accepts known sources so before we can even start we need to make sure Kodi is programmed to accept unknown sources.
Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi:
- Open up Kodi on your streaming device
- Next, click on the settings icon
- Locate and click on System
- Scroll down and select Add-ons
- Inside the add-ons menu option locate Unknown Sources and click it to enable it
- A warning box will pop up. Click Yes to agree to enable unknown sources
- Unknown sources has now been turned on which will allow us to install addons from third-parties. While we are still in this setting lets go ahead and turn on updates from “all repositories”. By Default updates are only turned on for Official repositories as shown below.
- Just below the unknown sources option click on Update official add-ons from setting and select Any Repositories
Kodi is now set up and ready to use. Proceed to the next part where we will show you how to install the repository for Seren.
Adding The Seren Repository Source:
We will now show you how to install the Seren Kodi addon repository so that you can get the Seren video addon for Kodi 19. The Seren video addon comes from the Nixgates repository. We will be referring to this repository as Seren in this guide.
- If you just completed turning on unknown sources from the steps above you can hit the back button one time on your remote to bring up the Kodi settings menu. If you are back on the Kodi homescreen just click on the settings icon.
- Inside the Kodi settings menu click on File Manager
- Next, from the File Manager menu click Add Source
- Click on the first box <none>
- Enter in this URL exactly how it is listed here – https://nixgates.github.io/packages and click ok
- This URL is hosted through GitHub. Myfirestreams is NOT affiliated with Nixgates, Seren, or any other streaming website, service, app, or addon.
- Next, select the Enter a Name box and name your source – .seren and click ok
- By placeing a . (dot/period) in front of the name it will automatically move our source to the top of the list. We always recommend using the dot/period before any name.
Installing The Seren Repository:
Now that we have added our source URL for Seren we now need to install the repository.
- If you just completed the steps above you can hit the back button one time on your remote to bring up the Kodi settings menu. If you are back on the Kodi homescreen just click on the settings icon.
- Select Add-ons from the Settings menu
- Scroll down and click on install from zip file
- Click yes on the warning box
- After clicking yes on the warning box locate and click on – .seren which should be at the top of your list if you use a dot/period before the name. If its not at the top just scroll down and locate the name.
- After clicking on .seren click on nexgates repository zip file – repository.nixgates-2.1.0.zip (version number of this repo may change but the source is Nixgates)
- Wait for the Nixgates Repo install message to appear. This message will appear in the top right corner of your screen. Once it appears the repo has successfully been installed.
Installing The Seren Video Addon:
Now that we have successfully installed the Seren (Nixgates) repository to Kodi we can now install addons from the Seren repository. In this guide, we are installing the Seren video addon.
- Click on install from repository on the Kodi Add-ons menu
- Locate and click on the Nixgates Repo
- Next, from the Nixgates Repo click on Video Add-ons
- Locate and click on the Seren video add-on
- After clicking on the Seren video add-on click install
- After you click install you will be presented with a box listing additional addons that need to be installed. Just click Ok to proceed with the install
- Wait for the Seren video addon to finish installing. When it completes a pop up will appear in the top right corner of your screen.
- Read over the Seren notice and click ok to dismiss it
- Return back to your Kodi homescreen and select the add-ons menu category. There you will find your newly installed Seren video addon. Congrats on successfully getting Seren video addon for Kodi 19 installed onto your device.
How to setup the Seren video addon
In order to use the Seren Kodi addon, you will need to properly set up the addon. This will include enabling scrapes as well as setting up your Real-Debrid or Premiumize account. Without doing these steps Seren will NOT work!
- Open up the Seren Kodi addon and click Tools
- Choose the Open Settings Menu option
- From the settings menu scroll down and select Accounts. Then click the toggle button next to Real-Debrid or Premiumize depending on which service you have. You can run both if you choose.
- Click Authorize Real Debrid (if using Premiumize you will need to input API code which is your PIN that you can find in your account)
- Follow the on screen instruction to authorize Real-Debrid. Once you finish authorizing your Real-Debrid or Premiumize account return to the Tools option and select Provider Tools
- Next, select Manage Provider Packages
- Choose Install Package
- Select the Web Location
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here: http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers and click OK
- Click Install
- Click ok
- Go back to the page where you can enter the Open Settings Menu option again
- In the settings menu scroll down and select Playback. We recommend changing the default playback for both movies and episodes to Source Select as shown below
- Next, Scroll up to the Scraping setting option. Under Preferred Cloud Location change this to whichever service you prefer
- In the same settings menu under scraping locate Minimum Sources and change this value to 20. This will allow you to display more sources to choose from when pulling links.
- Click ok to save your changes!
Your Seren video addon is now installed and ready to use. We highly suggest that when you choose a source you look at the file size. Larger file sizes may result in increased buffering.